ABOUT THE RECIPE
This dark and decadent chocolate and coffee treat may take a little extra care and time to make but it will definitely be worth the effort. Decorate with BAKERS Boudoir biscuits, leaves and satin ribbaons to create a perfectly delicious and luxioursly sweet gift.
Serves 8 or more
1X 200 g packet of BAKERS Boudoir® biscuits
65 ml coffee liqueur or sweet black coffee
3 jumbo eggs, separated
65 ml castor sugar
45 ml coffee granules
300 g melted milk chocolate
200 ml melted butter
250 ml cream, stiffly beaten
100 g melted dark chocolate whipped cream (extra)
- Line a small loaf pan with cling film. Sprinkle the BAKERS Boudoir® biscuits with the liqueur or coffee and arrange them, standing upright with the sugared sides facing outwards, around the inner rim of the loaf pan.
- Arrange a few biscuits in the bottom to form a base and set aside.
- To make the filling, beat together the egg yolks, castor sugar and coffee granules until the sugar and coffee dissolve, then stir in the melted milk chocolate and butter.
- Lightly fold in the stiffly beaten cream so it does not lose any of its volume.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks and fold in lightly into the mixture. Pour mixture into the biscuit base and cover completely with cling film.
- Chill overnight in the fridge or a couple of hours in the freezer then turn out and decorate with the melted dark chocolate and extra whipped cream.
HINTS & TIPS
But don’t rush it : make it the day before. That will ensure that it sets well overnight.